ECommerce Designed-Website That Promotes Speed & Confidence in Selecting Vehicle Parts
Client Goals & Project Objectives
Our client needed the development of a high-traffic website that would effectively process online orders and support sales and customer service teams, it is not a trivial matter. Here are a few key considerations that can help ensure the success of such a project:
- Scalability: The website should be able to handle large amounts of traffic and process orders quickly and efficiently. This may involve implementing a robust platform and database in addition hosting infrastructure and utilizing technologies to meet the requirements.
- User experience: The website should be easy to navigate and provide a seamless experience for customers. This includes features such as clear product descriptions, high-quality images, and a streamlined checkout process.
- Security: Ensuring the security of online transactions is critical. This may involve implementing measures such as SSL encryption, fraud detection systems, and secure payment gateways.
- Integration with other systems: The website should be able to integrate with other systems, such as customer relationship management (CRM) software and inventory management systems in this case, leveraging their existing NetSuite’s ERP, Algolia search processing, fitment data via AutoPlus (REBSI.com) database, Payment systems, while improving efficiency and accuracy.
- Mobile optimization: With more than 80% of customers accessing websites on mobile devices, it is important to ensure that the website is optimized for mobile use. This may involve implementing responsive design or creating a separate mobile version of the website.
By considering these factors and working with an experienced developer team like Fusionary, it was possible for Detroit Axle to get a high-traffic website that effectively supports the needs as they look to improve the user experience and grow their online revenue.
Designing an intuitive user interface (UI) for a website that offers thousands of SKUs, multi-channel pricing structures, and OE fitment patterns can be a challenging task. Some potential considerations for designing such a UI might include:
- Filtering & search functionality: Providing customers with the ability to filter and search for products based on various criteria (such as vehicle make, model, and year) can help them find the specific parts they need more easily.
- Product information & images: Clearly displaying product information (such as dimensions, compatibility, and pricing) and high-quality images can help customers make informed purchasing decisions.
- Vehicle selection: A user-friendly vehicle selection feature that allows customers to easily select their specific make, model, and year can help ensure that they find the right parts for their vehicle.
- Data visualization: Using data visualization techniques like graphs and charts can help customers better understand complex data sets and make more informed decisions.
- Mobile optimization: With more and more customers accessing websites from mobile devices, it is important to ensure that the UI is optimized for mobile viewing.
Designing an intuitive UI, especially for automotive products that are more challenging to match make, model, and year in addition to other options, i.e., engine size, F/R drive, etc., will require a combination of user research, design skills, technical expertise, and automotive knowledge. It may also involve iterative testing and optimization to ensure that the UI meets the target audience’s needs.
Detroit Axle is a leading global retailer and distributor of new aftermarket and OE-remanufactured auto parts. They are committed to providing first-class products and outstanding customer service at an incredible value. They recently expanded their product line to include CV Axles, Wheel Hub & Bearings, Suspension & Chassis parts, Complete Strut Assemblies, Shock Absorbers, Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors, Conventional Brake Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Rack & Pinion Assemblies, Gearboxes, and Drive Shafts.
Detroit Axle has over 30 years of experience and is proud that millions of customers around the world rely on Detroit Axle parts. They have two Metro Detroit storefront locations on the north and east sides of the city. Their flagship location, in the heart of Detroit’s 8 Mile Road, is a combined retail storefront with over 180,000 square feet of a warehouse that serves as their global distribution center. In addition, Detroit Axle also has a warehouse in Mexico that houses parts for ease of shipment across the US.
The Automotive Part Manufacturer industry manufactures a wide range of parts for automobiles. The industry has undergone significant consolidation in recent years, with the number of players shrinking as larger companies acquire their smaller rivals. This has led to increased competition as companies attempt to differentiate their products to remain profitable. Innovation is key in this industry, as carmakers are always looking for new and improved ways to improve performance, fuel efficiency, and safety.
Royal Oak, Michigan
Our Approach & Solutions
Fusionary has been a great partner throughout this process. Their team spent the time learning our business, developing a blueprint for what we needed to do to meet our business objectives, and then executing several projects across our organization. We are happy we partnered with them.
- Detroit Axle now controls every bit of data for their 10,000+ SKUs, simplifying their operations by making their multi-channel retail strategy much more manageable.
- Allows for Customer Service and Sales Representatives to quickly place and manage orders on behalf of their B2B clients.